View Single Post
03-26-10, 09:12 PM   #18
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is what worked for me :

Go to the addons folder.

Wipe every Blizzard named folder in there. These will be recreated at boot time. It's possible they aren't being replaced by 3.3.3 compatible versions so this step will recreate them.

I also deleted the cache folder.

Now for the toon that is stuck on the loading screen I would open up the addons screen and click "Disable All". I would also make sure "Load out of Date Addons" was turned off.

I have no idea if this will work for you but this method of manually turning my addons off meant i was able to "rescue" all my toons in stuck in Dalaran and my shammy stuck in ToC.

The new patch 3.3.3a should fix this - wipe the blizzard folders in your addons folder and the cache folder before you login tho just to be safe.

With 3.3.3a I was able to teleport into Dalaran several times without any hold ups at the loading screen with my usual addons enabled and loaded.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)