View Single Post
08-23-11, 06:39 PM   #1
Ajiswif
A Defias Bandit
Groundbreaking idea..Targeting Recital!

Hello Wowinterface! The only forums i really check out for anything WoW-related is arenajunkies. And as you guess i pvp alot. For a while i've been getting used to all the keybinds and macros i have to use for targeting as a rogue. AddOns like Bartender, Powerauras, Platebuffs, Xperl, and Quartz are a must have for me. For a while now i've been pondering an idea i haven't seen in any addon, currently in development or currently used today. This idea was pretty easy to think up, and yet it is pretty groundbreaking. It changes the whole way anyone would target in WoW if they are using their mouse like they should (mouseturning)

This idea came from when i added a very smooth aura into my UI with powerauras for when i was in stealth. I tweaked this aura a bit to glow when i was out of stealth. This was a usual customization probably 6 million people do to their ui,. But when i was looking at a certain spot on this aura i thought if i could put some type of targeting recital that would target whoever or whatever was inside this recital by the press of a hotkey, I can easily use this method to target so much better in the game while im controlling my character. I could maybe hit tab or scroll up to target whoever is in the recital or hit F1 and scrolldown to focus whoever's in the recital. No longer would i have to Tab or mouseover scroll, which both of these methods are iffy at best and the only way to correctly target something easy is hotkeys for an arena setting.

Now if this was implemented into an addon, it would completly change the whole feel of the game for alot of players.
I have a few examples of what i'm talking about here.... (note the poorly penciled in lines that somewhat resemble a target recital)

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...allrecital.png

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...rgerecital.png

So basically you can see somewhat where this recital would go, and since you have 3d control of your character while using the mouse, it would be great to have this recital to make targeting a lot easier.

Another thing to add to this idea would be to put in a very large selection of different recital skins to choose from, and also to move your recital among the screen (x and y) Maybe include some magic arcane bubble or 4 daggers going towards a center point in a circle

I'm not really into making addons for WoW but i have made plenty for some games i used to play (Oblivion and morrowind, good times) so i'm not the type of person who would try and engrave my name to anyones art. I am just giving this idea out to the Addon creating community to see if anyone wants to take the intiative to start this project. I think it would be a huge thing if it was put together right.