View Single Post
03-08-09, 04:04 PM   #4
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
to note Zasurus if you rely on the % on my mod broker_cpu or performancefu it does not mean it takes 50% of the cpu this is a percentage of the growth globally so you can compare how performs the growth between X and Y mods, nor if the growth of Z mod that could be yours you know usually takes 0,15% and that time for the same thing it takes 15% then you could sort out some coding errors that way, nor benchmarking etc but that is not really a percent of your cpu used because there is no ways to know that, the wow api for cpu only returns the time the mod worked, and for memory the amount actually used, that % value is much like a speedmeter you could have in a car, nice to know how many meter you do but at which speed too.

But globally a growth of 50% isnt that a big deal if for exemple this is about opening an option panel etc but if thats in a frequently used function like a loop that could be a problem

But I will update the description of my mod to make it more intructive on that subject, I agree the % value could be badly interpreted
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)

Last edited by Mera : 03-08-09 at 04:13 PM.