View Single Post
05-15-08, 06:28 PM   #8
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tungsten Spleen View Post
@ all --thanks for the answers... I didn't know I could get a guild roster on the armory

@Arkive -- yeah I was kind of thinking about guild retaliation too

@Zyo --I'll look into that mod after work tomorrow

@Grizzly UK --I actually use Autodecline (great mod) however once it declines the guild request, then the guild starts with the annoying whispers... of course, I should have made this all clearer in my original post, but I was annoyed and tired, not a good combination to promote clarity of thought

@Aesop --see above for an explanation of my lack of clarity, but if Automation filters npc gossip, I'll have to check that out, so thanks

@Sepioth --I don't really want to file a harrassment ticket unless I really have to, I've had very bad experiences with retaliation in the past on other MMOs. I will check out mods to expand the ignore list though (didn't know there was a limit on the list)

Tungsten Spleen
I understand your fear of retaliation. If Blizzard actually bans a few of the guild accounts and they continue to harass .. file another ticket. Eventually Blizz will ban them permanently. They can look back at all chat logs to see what was going on and what was said. If you continuously and politely tell them to stop and they do not I would file a ticket. Tell them in the ticket the time the problem happened and the names involved. This way if you are not on when they respond to the ticket they have enough details to pursue the issue. Why should you a paying customer be harassed by a bunch of 10 year olds?

Also I wouldn't worry too much about retaliation. They will not be told who filed it. And they won't be told of the incident. All they will be told of is they broke the anti-harassment policy section of the TOC.