Thread: Trinity Buttons
View Single Post
12-14-06, 08:52 AM   #7
Kaldore
A Kobold Labourer
Lag when spamming buttons

This is a fantastic addon! Extremely simple for someone like me to use. The customization of the bars and the way they react appropriately to switching stances (or forms) is a huge relief.

Here's my issue: There are times as a warrior where I have to spam my abilities. Taunt as I get within melee range of a loose mob beating on a clothie, building up Sunders, and even Execute on those times when I actually get to DPS!

When I spam any ability on my hot bar my game lags significantly... I've gotten to the point where I've had to time my keystrokes with global cooldown and purposefully press buttons one at a time to activate abilities instead of spamming them.

The steps that I went through before I determined that it might be an issue with Trinity:
- Disabled every other AddOn at the Character Selection screen
- Lowered all Video settings to the lowest possible values
- Disabled all Sound (We were in Naxx at the time and someone advised me that this worked for them with a different AddOn causing choppy gameplay)
- Closed every other program that I use when I raid; Ventrilo, and Firefox

I'm really interested in sticking with Trinity because of it's ease of use, but the choppiness is affecting my ability to tank and I'm getting blasted by my raid leader.

Thanks Maul for a great Addon and I look forward to any suggestions or steps to help that you can offer.