View Single Post
03-15-24, 11:01 PM   #20
Hubb777
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
If Trial of the Element is what you are wanting to track, then why not use the addon and remove the entries for all the other events (or disable them) instead of trying to re-invent the wheel?
Hi, your code works. Thank you very much. I finished testing it, there were difficulties with the duration, but I managed to set the correct values.

“Reinventing the wheel” - in some ways you are right. But the Events tracker addon is quite technically complicated for me to understand. And if the author abandons it, then I will be left without the functionality I need.

I'll tell you a little story. I've been using the ChatBar addon for a long time. But with the release of the Shadowlands update. The author of the addon stopped playing Warcraft and stopped updating the addon. And the addon broke. I have been supporting the addon for more than 2 years, updating it, fixing it. This was within my power because this addon is very simple. With the release of Dragonflight, the author returned and began updating the addon again.

The addon was simple and I was able to fix it, if it had been folded like an Events tracker, I would have abandoned these attempts and ChatBar, like hundreds of other addons, would have remained in history.

Therefore, I have to “reinvent the wheel” so as not to lose the functionality that I need.