Thread: math logic bomb
View Single Post
09-08-12, 03:35 AM   #10
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I mean ok it's 21 segments, let's say 10 'negative' segments (losing mana) 1 'zero' segment (not losing or gaining), 10 'positive' segments (gaining mana)
|----------|-|----------|
That is what I was thinking, yes.

What is a meaningful number for the user to be at the left end of the bar (highest rate of losing mana) to the right end of the bar (highest rate of gaining mana)?
I was wondering about that back when I started this project. Given that in Pandaria, I am seeing values of +/-1000 right now, I would suggest that is the limit; however, the values spike even higher during Innervate, ShadowFiend, potions, etc, and might go the opposite way if a mob drains mana. This needs to be future-proofed. Any suggestions on safe upper and lower limits?

Edit: What I posted above should get you an average MPS over 21 seconds if your deltas are 1/sec.
There's no way to place -215 MPS (or +450 MPS) on a bar if you can't know what's the range of the bar,
that's not a math problem it's a logic problem.
Tell me what the full range of the bar corresponds to and I can help with the rest.
Whoa, are you telling me that LOGIC has something to do with MATH? UNPOSSIBLE! LOL see above paragraph.