Thread: WoW patches
View Single Post
10-20-09, 09:02 AM   #7
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
That being said, Dalaran does have its reputation for putting even the best computers through its paces. I've got a computer that runs the newest games at their highest settings, yet I never get more then 15fps in Dalaran.
Amen, running on Win7 Ultimate x64 with an AMD Athlon Dual Core x64 with 4 gigs of ram, a nVidia 260 GTX 1tb card, and around 100mb of addon's running on a good day, I pull in (using vSync) a solid 60fps everywhere except Dalaran. I can generally get anywhere between 15 - 25 on high server usage hours so, don't feel too bad about bad FPS in Dalaran, we all get it, and if someone claims they don't, well, use your best judgment. (Screen-shot or it didn't happen?)

Anyway, as aceman67 stated; lag can be caused by any number of things, it's a general rule of thumb, your PC is only as fast as your slowest piece, so say you have a top of the line Processor with a slow graphics card, it's like driving a car with one tire smaller than the rest.

If upgrading your PC is not an option (which for a lot of people, especially in this economy, it is not) you can take small steps to try and improve your FPS, try setting down your Anisotropic Filtering in the graphics settings, turning down bells and whistles like Shadows, view range, character model complexity, and streamlining your add-ons, go through each one and ask yourself "How often do I use this?" use your better judgement and you'll often find you can get rid of quiet a few using that method.

Last but not least, I recommend installing Leatrix Latency Fix available here at WoWI. it's done wonders for my latency, as well as my girlfriends laptop and a few of my friends PC's as well. Simply follow the instructions given and remember, as always, use at your own risk.