WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AddOns enabled in WoD beta (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49492)

Cairenn 07-18-14 08:36 PM

AddOns enabled in WoD beta

In case you missed the note from yesterday's patch, AddOns have now been enabled in the beta client. Perfect timing, as the first batch of names went in today and will hopefully be getting their invites next Monday evening. :)

If you are an author and have not already given us your info to pass along to Blizz, make sure you do so soon. I'll be sending in the next batch next Friday.

Source

Seerah 07-18-14 10:04 PM

In order for an addon to load on the client currently, it MUST have a .toc interface number of 60000. (I believe the "Load Out of Date Addons" setting isn't working.)

Duugu 07-20-14 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 294035)
Perfect timing, as the first batch of names went in today and will hopefully be getting their invites next Monday evening. :)

Oh noes. I'm 9 hours ahead. Sounds as I'll have to refresh my inbox every minute until midnight - at least. :eek:

Thank you for making this possible to everyone at wowi. :)

Malsomnus 07-22-14 03:54 PM

Hmmm... I have an invite from the first wave, but I vaguely recall hearing something about certain limitations to certain beta testers, possibly something about some people only being able to experience the first quest line or something... is there something like that or did I imagine it?
(If it's real I guess I might possibly have to apply here)

Xrystal 07-22-14 04:09 PM

I've not noticed any limitation except maybe making a new DK but I think that was simply server down time when I tried to play that. Other than that I have not seen anything wrong except the bug's I've reported. Have played new toon questing and old toons copied over working on the garrison quest chain.

Seerah 07-22-14 09:41 PM

In Alpha they were limiting thing like that to make sure that what they wanted tested was what actually got tested. In Beta, there's nothing more than level caps. (I think it's at 96 right now?)

siweia 07-25-14 11:44 AM

Is there any changes on the textures?
I had a go on the beta with my friend's account and I found all the addons with my own textures didn't load into frames, all went green colors.:confused:

p3lim 07-25-14 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siweia (Post 294355)
Is there any changes on the textures?
I had a go on the beta with my friend's account and I found all the addons with my own textures didn't load into frames, all went green colors.:confused:

Custom textures are disabled on the beta, it's been mentioned a lot of times on these forums.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49490

10leej 08-02-14 03:30 PM

I assume I missed the invites....... Damn me and hardly coming to this site anymore.

Ravendwyr 08-02-14 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 293894)

You can still apply by clicking the image above. It's up to Blizzard if/when they let you in though.

SDPhantom 08-02-14 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 294359)
Custom textures are disabled on the beta, it's been mentioned a lot of times on these forums.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49490

You'd think enabling custom textures would be a requirement for enabling addons. They probably forgot to turn a flag on or something.

Talyrius 08-02-14 11:39 PM

I'm not going to log into the beta until they enable custom textures.

SDPhantom 08-04-14 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyrius (Post 294652)
I'm not going to log into the beta until they enable custom textures.

Might as well get a head start on fixing code errors if there are any.

Just a heads up, they brought back the division by zero errors again. It's getting irritating that they persist in making a change that doesn't offer any benefit, instead only causes frustration further down the line.

akgis 08-22-14 11:17 AM

Any news about Blizzard flagging the accounts?

Its been 2 weeks, not want to sound desperate but really want to test stuff. From my tracking ID it seems there wasn't many requests like previous years where was easier with keys.

SDPhantom 08-22-14 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akgis (Post 295828)
Any news about Blizzard flagging the accounts?

From what I can tell, it's all on Blizzard's end if your ID was already submitted. Just keep checking your account page every few days. They have been missing emails, so don't rely on getting one.

akgis 08-23-14 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 295842)
From what I can tell, it's all on Blizzard's end if your ID was already submitted. Just keep checking your account page every few days. They have been missing emails, so don't rely on getting one.

My question was if the wowinterface staff passed the emails to Blizzard, dont think Blizzard has a direct channel to it, could be wrong.

Phanx 08-23-14 03:23 PM

As per the actual thread for this topic (which isn't the one you're posting in) tracking numbers up to 173 have been sent to Blizzard as of August 15th. If that includes your number, then the email address you provided has been sent to Blizzard, and there's nothing else the WoWI staff can do. If your number is higher than 173, then it hasn't been sent yet, and will be sent according to the schedule posted in the thread I linked.