WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Come celebrate with us! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43905)

Cairenn 08-16-12 04:58 PM

Come celebrate with us!

We are so excited, and proud, to announce that we are celebrating our 10th Anniversary! It is hard to believe that it has been 10 years since we opened our first site, EQInterface. 10 years of creating friendly, helpful and supportive communities for those that enjoy customizing their MMORPG user interfaces. 10 years of providing a safe place for people to upload, download and maintain those custom UIs. The time has simply flown by! On top of that, we have close to a million registered users - and since we don’t require registration to download from our sites, you can bet that number is exponentially higher!

There is a write-up about our sites: things we have done and are doing for the communities, our roles in the various MMORPG UI communities over the years, etc. for you to read (where we unashamedly say how awesome we are and why). As well, we have done up a timeline of our network for the last ten years. Plus, what’s a celebration without games and giveaways?

So, we’re holding trivia challenges on all of our sites. There are 10 questions on each site: each question has three answers to choose between and there is only one correct answer for each question. Each correct answer will give you an entry into the giveaway on that site. Some questions may be the same across all of the sites and some may be different.

We’ve partnered up with the different game companies to have nifty stuff to give away. There will be different prizes on each site, swag that is appropriate for that particular community. It’s our way for thanking you for all the support you’ve given us over the years. We wouldn’t be here celebrating 10 years if it weren’t for you, our communities.

As well, we have a bonus prize exclusively for our registered users. We have 80 (yes, you read that right, 80) headsets we are giving away. All you have to do is take a 30 question survey to be entered for your chance to win a GameCom 380 Headset. Once you get through the trivia challenge, be sure to do the survey and be entered for a chance to win.

Check each site’s trivia challenge page to see the prizes being offered for that site, as well as the rules for the game. Make sure that the email address associated with your MMOUI account is correct and current, as that is how winners will be notified. Any winner who can’t be contacted by email forfeits their prize and another winner will be selected in their place.

From dolby and myself: Thank you all for a fantastic 10 years. Here’s to the next 10! We hope you have fun with the trivia challenge and good luck to everyone for the draws!

Coote 08-16-12 05:07 PM

WEWT!!!! Love this sites, and community you guys have fostered over the past 10 years, and would definitely like seeing another 10! :banana:

Elloria 08-16-12 05:13 PM

I haven't been a long for the whole 10 years but I congratulate you in your success this far! I even came to this website from time to time when I took a break from warcraft. I have never once doubted this website's security or integrity. You always treat everyone with respect and kindness. Help is always available on this website. Thank you for giving us so much. Heres to many years to come! :)

Morwo 08-16-12 05:15 PM

Congrats! Outstanding good work, keep on!

Haleth 08-16-12 05:19 PM

10 years! \o/ I came to the party slightly late, but I've always loved the community here and how it is almost void of the usual issues that tend to trouble most online forums.

Congratulations!

LittleWhiteDove 08-16-12 05:19 PM

:banana:CONGRATULATIONS:banana:

Hope you have many, many more.

Freebaser 08-16-12 05:35 PM

So this is how it all started. Nice!

Congrats and thanks for all your work.

Cairenn 08-16-12 05:58 PM

That plus this, yup. :)

Ailae 08-16-12 06:13 PM

Congratulations! And thanks for all the hard work. I haven't been here 10 years (yet!), but I've sure enjoyed it greatly this far.

MiRai 08-17-12 01:02 AM

Very nice. ;)

suicidalkatt 08-17-12 03:47 AM

Congratulations

You guys are what I call a community.

Your everlasting dedication is what got you this far and by all means keep doing exactly what you love to do.

I commend you guys for being able to keep this community strong!

Congratulations!!

suicidalkatt 08-17-12 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 259763)
That plus this, yup. :)

That menu system... there was some website I recall using that used to make those for you. Makes me think of http://flamingtext.com .

Edit: Sorry for double post :U!

Luciferul 08-17-12 08:21 AM

Happy anniversary WoWInterface!

zork 08-17-12 09:37 AM

Happy anniversary!!! :)

Seerah 08-17-12 11:47 AM

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wildbreath 08-18-12 05:00 AM

It's a pity i live in Russia and i can't celebrate with you :(

anyway

Cairenn 08-18-12 05:08 AM

Why can't you?

Wildbreath 08-18-12 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 259851)
Why can't you?

If i lived closer i would have arrived and we celebrated at a restaurant or somewhere in nature, do not know how it will be correct in english (argh). Still 10 years - a great date :)

Wimpface 08-18-12 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elloria (Post 259758)
I have never once doubted this website's security or integrity.

This is the biggest reason I hold WoWInterface over all other WoW sites. It feels a lot like home, I can go here and feel 'safe'. Truly a great site.

Thanks for the years!

nemo91 08-18-12 02:34 PM

congratulations! looking forward for the 20 years aniversary now :p