This add-on allows you to set automatic messages to be sent to anyone in your raid group on specific boss events. For example, remind people where to go on Lei Shen's transitions or Elegon's add phase, or remind people which raid cooldowns to use on Megaera's rampages or Jin'rokh's lightning storms. In addition it can be used to make buttons for custom messages, such as "dispel me!" to healers on Jin'rokh HC.
You can use the Preview feature to send all raiders their messages in advance so everybody knows the plan.
If you have the add-on installed, any messages you get from the add-on will appear on your screen on a movable frame and also make a sound, instead of a standard whisper, and the Preview messages will be listed under a separate movable frame.
Usage: Simply type "/raidbot" to open the main console, or "/raidbot move" to move the frame that displays incoming messages.
NEW! As of v1.05, this add-on works in harmonious synergy with Crabby, and incoming Raidbot messages will be conveyed to you by Crabby himself. Activate/ deactivate this feature with "/raidbot crabby on" or "/raidbot crabby off".
* Pick a raid, pick a boss, pick an event, and write a short message to be whispered to each raider on that event (plus a raid warning, if you want).
* Each raider, in their class-colored frame with a role icon and raid mark, can be moved anywhere on the screen so you can visually plan everyone's positions.
* Yes, I know you hate typing, that's why you can easily drag & drop messages to copy them.
* All messages are saved automatically, allowing you to load them all on the next reset. You can either press Load All if the raid composition has remained exactly the same, or otherwise manually drag each message from the Load frame to any raider in the current raid.
* Except for the programmed events, you can have several custom messages for each boss that you can send by pressing a button (you'll see it). This can be useful for, say, a rotation of major healing cooldowns for frequent high damage boss abilities (HoF Windlord comes to mind).
* Preview button that sends all the messages associated with the currently selected boss to the intended recipients so everybody knows the plan in advance.
* Copy/ Paste all the messages from one event to another with the click of two buttons.
* A little "notepad" where you can write notes for yourself per boss, mostly so you remember all the things you need to assign before pulling.
* When you open the Raidbot frame, it will automatically select the boss you're targeting.
* AutoAssist: you can have people promoted to raid assistants automatically according to their guild ranks. You can control this via the options menu at Interface/ Addons/ Raidbot.
* Isolate: need to arrange groups for some boss encounter and you need to find all the healers so you can make sure each group has one? Simply type "/isolate X" (X being a group number) and all the healers and tanks will be put into that groups (and the ones after it) so you can distribute them easily.
Reasons to install this add-on even if you aren't the raid leader:
* Incoming Raidbot messages will be displayed in big yellow letters and make a sound. You can move the frame that shows these messages with "/raidbot move". And if you hate the sound just delete the mp3 file.
* Incoming preview messages will be listed in a small movable frame.
* Incoming messages will, I think, always arrive on time, because the server doesn't throttle add-on messages like it does chat messages.
* Even if your raid leader doesn't use Raidbot, you can still set up reminders for yourself.
* Apparently the server won't let me send 25 whispers at the same time, so half the whispers get delayed by, I think, ~2 seconds. Works fine on 10-man though.
* There are probably more boss events people want me to add. Just waiting for you to tell me about it.
* Need to figure out why it's taking THAT much memory during combat and optimize it.
* Older raids, if people are interested.
* Newer raids too!
* Other ways of automatically arranging the raider frames (by group, for example).
* Possibly giving names to the custom messages.
* Improvements to the display module, I'm not happy with its visibility.
* The option to send messages to custom chat channels in addition to individual raiders.
* I don't know, IS it possible to hook this up to DBM in some insane way? I hope to find out!
Have you seen my other add-ons yet? SanityCheck - Of course you know how to play your class, but there is just so much to remember! Flaskaholic - Flasks are expensive, stop wasting them! Surprise - What does this add-on do? There is only one way to find out! MooTrack - The simple, lightweight way to keep track of buffs and debuffs! MagicMarker - One configurable tool for all your automatic marking needs!
* Fixed the AutoAssist, which Blizzard inconsiderately broke.
* Removed those pesky prints.
* Bugfix: The interface options should no longer refuse to work until you /reload.
* New feature: AutoAssist
* New feature: Isolate
* Added all SoO bosses. Without events. I don't know who actually uses this and what for, but at least now you can set up a notepad for Paragons with the kill order or something.
* Added a few more SoO bosses without any events.
* Added basic support for the first 4 bosses of SoO (no events yet).
* Raidbot now works with Crabby!
* A bunch of fixes to bugs caused by 1.03.
* A bunch of optimizations so it won't slow the game down so badly.
* Added automatic raid/ boss detection
* Added the notepad
* Added a sound for incoming messages
* Added Copy/ Paste buttons that allow you to copy all the messages from one event to another
* Added Clear Boss/ Clear Event buttons
* All boss fights appear to actually be detected correctly
* Added a preview module - if you have the add-on installed, then instead of receiving the preview list of messages for the boss as a series of whispers, they will be listed in a movable frame.
* Added all ToT bosses. Some of them even have events!
* Added a display module - if you have the add-on installed, then instead of receiving your messages via /w, you will see them in big yellow letters. Use "/raidbot move" to reposition the frame for these messages.