|Go to Page...|
Due to receiving quite a few requests, I have decided to release my UI to the public. If you know what you're doing, there is no need to read this. If not, read below for instructions on how to install.
This UI is configured for 1920x1080. If you're using a different resolution, there is a chance you will have to move things around yourself.
I did not create and do not take credit for the creation of ANY of the addons used in this user interface. They were all downloaded through curse.com or through the curse program and I want to personally thank the authors for creating the addons that make my own experience in WoW that much more enjoyable.
This UI was created after spending countless (too many) hours searching the UI thread on MMO-Champion. After liking aspects of certain screenshots, I decided to use what I liked best from them and input them into my own UI. So while I did create this UI from scratch, I was heavily inspired by some of the wonderful UI designers over at MMO-Champion and the HowToPriest forums. I just wanna say thanks to anyone who helped inspire me in creating this interface.
Now this UI was created specifically for my Demo Warlock, but it also contains Weak Aura strings for my Fire Mage, Shadow Priest, Assassination Rogue, and my Level 50 Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter. If you play one of these characters, you should have no problems using this UI, but if you are playing one of my lower level characters, you may need to add some Weak Aura strings in order to track everything properly.
Please note that the WA strings for my Hunter are placeholders. Replace them with spells that are actually important to track.
Addon Control Panel
Aurora Missing Skins
Basic Chat Mod
These are addons that I use, but are not required for the UI to function properly.
If you would like to use these addons, simply download and install them separately.
1. Backup your Fonts, WTF and Interface folders in your World of Warcraft directory (by default it's C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft)
2. Delete the WTF folder from \World of Warcraft\ and copy the WTF folder from this package to that folder.a. Rename the "ACCOUNT #" folder to the numbered folder you see in your WTF backup directory.3. Copy the contents of the Interface folder in this package to the World of Warcraft\Interface folder.
b. Rename the "REALM NAME" folder to the name of your Realm.
c. Rename the "TOON NAME" folder to the name of your Toon.
4. Copy the Fonts folder from this package to the main World of Warcraft folder.
5. Copy the Icons folder from this package to the World of Warcraft\Interface folder.
At this time, if you're using the Curse Application (You can download it from Curse.com if you aren't), I would suggest launching it and making sure you're using the most updated version of each AddOn.
5. Launch World of Warcraft, login, and on the character selection screen, click 'Addons' in the bottom left corner, make sure "Load outdated addons" is checked and then check all the addons.
6. Type /reflux switch lydude (case sensitive). WoW should now reload and when it finishes the UI should be working properly.
The UI *SHOULD* now be running properly. Like I said earlier, if you're using a resolution other than 1920x1080, there is a chance you may have to reconfigure the UI yourself. There are two addons that you will have to go into the options and manually change the profile to lydude. Follow the below instructions if you are unsure of what exactly you need to do.
If Gnosis is not aligned correctly, type /gnosis. Now click the button that says "Create Options..." then go to the Configuration menu under Gnosis, select the "lydude" profile and the four tabs that say "Load xxx..."
If VuhDo is not configured properly, type /vuhdo opt and go to the Tools tab. From there, select the "lydude" profile and click Apply. If you get a dialog asking you to Copy, Overwrite or Discard, just click Overwrite.
If there are other addons that do not seem to be configured properly, simply open the Interface > Addons tab and navigate to the addon that isn't working properly. Go to the Profiles section and load the lydude profile. It should be working fine now.
If you have any questions, my bnet ID is Skinny#1212. Feel free to add me and I'll try to help you out. You can also feel free to PM me on MMO-Champion under the handle lydude or on HowToPriest under the handle lyser.