A very simple AddOn to replace the classic /assist macro.
SimpleAssist creates some new key bindings and automatically assists raid leaders who requests assistance.
In addition, it provides a mechanism to announce your requests for assistance and assign Raid Icons - all with one keystroke.
The Key Binding:
Set Player to Assist - Target the player you wish to assist in battle by clicking them or their portrait. Then hit the key you've bound to this function to 'remember' who to assist.
Assist Learned Player - Hitting this key will select the target of ('assist') the player you selected with the 'Set Player to Assist.' If no player is learned, this will assist your current target.
To clear the learned Assist, just click in empty space and hit the Set Player to Assist key.
If you have no player 'learned,' the Assist key will work like the regular Assist function. This makes it safe to override your regular Assist binding. ('F')
Attack My Target - There is a keybinding for the /attacktarget emote, as well as options to declare that you are changing your target via chat channels and raid icons.
How to Use
When following the Main Assist· Go to your keybinding panel in the Main Menu to set up your keys.
· When raid leader announces new MA, target that player
· Hit your Set Player to Assist key
· Whenever you need a new target, hit your Assist Learned Player key to target the MA's target.
When you are the Main Assist· Go to your keybinding panel in the Main Menu to set up your keys.
· Set your preferred announce channel and Raid Icon in the preferences panel by typing /sass
· To have the group attack your current target, just hit your Attack My Target key. This will send an /attacktarget emote, announce in the channel(s) of your choice and optionally put a Raid Icon on your target.
Why use an AddOn instead of a macro?
* Faster/Easier to set your assist.
* Free up a macro slot.
VERY handy in fast-moving conditions like battlegrounds!
3.03 Jul 19, 2016
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 7.0
3.02 - Jun 23, 2015
* "Raid" icons now work for Party and solo. (Raid icons only worked in raids when this was first released.)
* Updated TOC for Wow client 6.2
3.01 Feb 24, 2015
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 6.1
3.0 Oct 13, 2014
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 6.02
* Switched from GetNumPartyMembers to GetNumGroupMembers model
2.95 - Sep 10, 2013
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 5.4
* NOTE - Request for assist emotes not working on Public Test Realm.
2.94 - Mar 5, 2013
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 5.2
2.93 - Nov 28, 2012
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 5.1
2.92 - Aug 28, 2012
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 5.0x
2.91 - Dec 28, 2011
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 4.3x
2.9 - June 28, 2011
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 4.2x
2.8 - Apr 29, 2011
* Updated TOC and version for WoW client 4.1x
2.7 - Oct 29, 2010
* TOC update for WoW client 4.0.
* Fixed a number of problems with passing object references.
2.64 - Dec 8, 2009
* TOC update for WoW client 3.3.
2.63 - Aug 5, 2009
* TOC update for WoW client 3.2.
2.62 - May 6, 2009
* TOC update for WoW client 3.1
2.61 - Oct 14, 2008
* Fixed zip packaging at wowinterface.
2.6 - Sep 27, 2008
* Minor changes to work with WoW client 3.0.