1. Hide/show UI frames based on certain events (like when in combat). For example, if you want the quest objectives hidden when you are in combat, and you want the player frame to show only when in combat, etc.
2. Create groups of buttons (hotbars?) which allow monitoring of buffs, target debuffs, item cooldowns, totems, and much more. These buttons have the ability to use DogTags to build logic into when the buttons are active, what information is displayed on them, etc. Masque can be used to skin them and there are also options to move them, lock them, set their transparency level, etc. You can also do things like suppress Blizzard's glowy effects per button, scale them to up to 1000% of the size, invert them so they are inactive when they are "active", fade them out with a configurable transparency when no mana, out of range, and more!
Button groups can also be shown or hidden when you in are or out of combat, always hidden, etc. Everything is built around monitoring not only buffs and debuffs, but the state of combat and what you are targeting.
The configuration is saved within any number of profiles and profiles can be assigned to both your Primary and Secondary talent specs. When you change your talent spec, PolMonitor will automatically load the profile that you've assigned for that spec. You can also re-use profiles, so if you both a Horde and Alliance Hunter for example, you can use a single profile for both.
Use /pm or /polmonitor to access the configuration.
- Renew button to show the time left of your renew HoT on your current target.
- Healthstone button that lights up only when you are less than a certain percentage of health.
- Agony, Corruption, and all other Warlock dot buttons to show when your DoTs will expire on the target.
- Raging blow button, that tells you when its active, how long you have before the proc ends, and also shows the glowing proc art.
- Button that shows your health percentage and lights up when you are under 40% health, and then casts Lay on Hands on you without losing your target if you click it. Etc etc etc
Development of this add-on after WOTLK has been done by Iceypop, with permission from the original author Polina. Some additional work was done by Gaff and Coneko before I took over. Giving credit where credit is due. Thank you, each of you.
- Removed the Blizzard UI features that allow for the stock UI to be moved and hidden based
on events. This was causing quirky behavior in 6.0 and so I want to remove it before the
expansion until I have more time to make it stable.
All features related to monitoring are of course still there. If you are missing something I removed please let me know and I can prioritize fixing or adding things back.
=> 1.3.4 RELEASED
- The addon was still showing up at out of date in patch 6.0, even though its not. Fixed!
- XP bar no longer gets redrawn during pet battles
- Removed WoW 5.X specific code now that 6.0 is live!
- Removed accidental debug stuff that was printing things to the chat window on occasion
- "Hide main bar" was not hiding the reputation tracking bar if one was being used
- Loading a new Profile will now immediately calculate the "frame state" according to the new profile's frame/UI options.
=> 1.3.3 RELEASED
- Updated for patch 6.0
=> 1.3.2 RELEASED
It was brought to my attention that clicking on debuff monitor buttons was broken in 1.3.1. Fixed.
If you have debuff buttons and you used 1.31. double check they might be set to "Self-cast" instead
of "current target" now. I apologize for the error.
=> 1.3.1 RELEASED
- Added ability to hide/show Mini map based on certain events.
- Made slight change to MOP Achievement hiding ability which will help prevent a Blizzard LUA error
- Removed RaidWide Buff monitor type (unused?)
- Added Totem monitor type which monitors totem timers and totem spell cooldowns together
- All HotKey labels for all monitor types can now optionally use DogTags
- Spell cooldown monitors will now default to cast on "Target/Self-cast"
=> 1.3.0 RELEASED
- I accidentally updated the WOD beta version as 1.2.9 so I am releasing what was supposed to be 1.2.9 as 1.3.0.
=> 1.2.9 RELEASED
- Now works with patch 6.0 and the Warlords of Draenor expansion (with load outdated turned on)
- Removed dependancy on AceEvent-3.0
- Added new UI/Frames options which can be used to automatically hide/show UI elements are certain times. Each frame can be shown always, never, in combat, out of combat, or if you have any target or are in combat, for the following frames:
Main action bar
bottom left action bar
bottom right action bar
right one action bar
right two action bar
objectives tracker (quest tracker)
In other words, if you want to automatically hide the quest tracker when in combat, set the value for quest tracker to "out of combat". If you want to hide the main actionbar/xp bar/etc except when you have a target selected or when in combat, set it to "any target or combat".
- All monitor groups can now be automatically hidden based on events! Each group now has an option that will define when the group monitors are displayed for that group:
- Always (always show this group)
- Never (never show this group)
- Any Target/Combat (enables only when you have a target or are in combat)
- Combat (enables only when you enter combat, hides itself when you leave combat)
- Hostile/Combat (enables if you have an attackable target, OR when you enter combat)
- Out of combat (enables only when out of combat)
=> 1.2.8 RELEASED
- Fixed /pm and /polmonitor so they should open the PolMonitor settings again
- Updated DogTag and RangeChecking to latest versions, which should help with WOD compatibility
=> 1.2.7 RELEASED
- Now displays "spell charges" when monitoring spell cooldowns (ie Conflag stacks, etc)
- Fixed a typo which caused target debuff cooldown timers to not display correctly.
=> 1.2.6 RELEASED
- Target debuff monitoring now works with spell proc overlays in the same way that buffs work. I forgot to add this into the last update.
=> 1.2.5 RELEASED
- Now supports Blizzards spell proc overlays during Spell cooldown monitoring! This is on by default.
- New option added to spell monitors "Suppress Overlay". If on, then the spell proc "glow" effect will be hidden for that button
- When checking self-buffs, the buff name will be checked as a valid spell name and if there is a spell proc on it, it will display the proc overlay. This allows for some cool things like monitoring a Raging Blow proc buff timer while still showing the proc effect of the actual ability.
- Updated all Ace3 libraries to latest versions
- Updated TOC for latest 5.4 version of WoW