Broker: Raid Finder - A broker addon that monitors trade and lfg channels in major cities for raid offers. Supports remote search through friends and guild mates.
Monitor General, Trade and LookingForGroup channels in major cities for raid offers.
Remote search. With activated addon communication option guild mates, mutual friends and battlenet friends using this addon will monitor city channels for you while you are out of town and inform you about the results.
Cross-character support. Hits made on one character are available on all your characters of the same faction.
Sound and text notifications for hits with timeout option to avoid irritation because of spammed messages.
Optionally exclude saved instances from monitoring.
Postings of players from the raid you are currently in will be omitted.
Whisper players directly by using the 'Whisper' button. No problems with tricky names with accents, umlauts and other creative spelling.
Adjust monitored keywords for all instances.
Plug-in support to extend addon functionality.
Profile support for settings.
Plug-in support to extend addon functionality. Comes bundled with 2 Plugins:
BRF Forwarder: Forwards LFG messages to all users of the plugin so they can track raid offers as long as one of them is in a major city.
BRF Forwarding Tracker: Keeps track of messages forwarded by LFGForwarder and TradeForwarder and feeds them to the addon.
Option 'Message Filters' - Applies chat filters such as spam filters introduced by other addons before processing messages. Recommended when using forwarding plugins to make sure you are not reported for forwarding spam.
Option 'Filter Matches' - Removes matches made by the addon from being shown in the chat windows.
Copy the Broker_RaidFinder folder to your Interface\AddOns directory.
version - display version information
menu - display options menu
on - activate monitoring
off - deactivate monitoring
show - show log window
help - display this help
In options select raids to search for and activate monitoring to start.
Click on addons broker entry or minimap button for interaction (or use slash commands listed above)
Right-click - Open options menu.
Left-click - Open log window which is listing all matches.
Alt-Left-click - Activate/deactivate monitoring.
Whisper players throught he log window.
Activate addon communication option for remote searches. This means when you are in town you may act as server for other clients out of town. If you are out of town you will engage other players as server for your remote searches. NOTE: see section Restrictions
colored icon - indicates active monitoring
grey icon - indicates deactivated monitoring
I: - Number of matched instances.
P: - Total number of players searching for any of your tracked instances.
! - Remote monitoring active, that means a player is actively working as server for you monitoring the city channels.
For each tracked instance last hit is shown with name of searching player, total number of matches for that instance and time since last match.
Saved instances are marked red.
Instances without hit are grey.
Color-coded time since match (green for most recent; red means that match almost has reached end of time frame and is about to be removed from list).
Log window -
Lists all matches for tracked instances with time, author and instance.
For selected entry complete message will be shown.
Filter log list by instance or source. Source is the character who found the match. (current character, alt or remote character)
'Whisper' button to contact selected player directly.
Monitoring active - Activate/deactivate the monitoring.
Addon communication - Toggle whether or not the addon shall sync with addons of other players.
Minimap Button - Show/hide Minimap Button
Hide Hint - Hide usage hint in tooltip
Raids - Set up which raids you will monitor.
Keywords - Set up keywords for each instance.
LFG Keywords - Comma separated list of keywords indicating someone is looking for players for a raid.
Default - Revert to default keywords.
Monitoring - Set up monitoring parmaters for addon.
Guild Chat - Monitor guild chat.
Exclude Saved Raids - Exclude raids you are currently saved to from monitoring.
Time Frame - Set up how long the log will reach back.
Notifications - Set up notifications when addon finds a match.
Text Alert - Show text message when addon finds a match.
Sound Alert - Play sound when addon finds a match.
Notification Sound - Choose sound to be played on notifications.
Timeout - Set notification timeout. You will not be notified about matches of a single player for the same instance more than once during the timeout duration.
Message Filters - Applies chat filters such as spam filters introduced by other addons before processing messages. Recommended when using forwarding plugins to make sure you are not reported for forwarding spam.
Filter Matches - Removes matches made by the addon from being shown in the chat windows.
Every plugin registered with the addon will be added in this section. There are 3 options for each of them.
Activate - Activated/deactivates plug-in.
Label - Activates/deactivates label extension of the main addon.
Tooltip - Activates/deactivates tooltip extension of the main addon.
Addon communication is restricted to your guild mates, chars of your battlenet friends in the current realm and mutual(!) friends who have this addon running as well. Addon communication has to be activated on both sides.
Especially you cannot just add players you frequently see in the city chats to your friend list in the hope they run this addon so they now can do the searching for you.
Remote monitoring is restricted to default keywords. This is to prevent players from creating excessively long or accidentally or maliciously malformed keyword lists for remote search.
For clients without supported localization this will default to english localization which in all likelyhood will confine the usability of this addon considerably for players using such clients. Help with proper localized lists of default keywords for non-english clients is greatly appreciated.
The matching works on a first hit policy. If a message contains more than one of your searched instances it will register only for the instance of the first hit in the message.
For remote monitoring this means that some clients might miss out on a hit when one client is registered for the first hit and another for the omitted second hit. That restriction is in place in order to keep the work for the server addon low so the player doing the searching for you does not face excessive load due to this service.
Update Version 1.2 r021:
* fixed saving of keywords
* added raid Siege of Orgrimmar
* added world bosses The Four Celetials and Ordos
* upgraded toc to 50400
Update Version 1.2 r020.1:
* included Forwarder and ForwardingTracker plugin missing in last update
Update Version 1.2 r020:
* added toast notifications using LibToast
Update Version 1.2 r019:
* cleaned up register/unregister of option module events
* activated scrolling support for tooltip
* fixed broken variable references in options
* added heroic scenario as custom search
Update Version 1.2 r018:
* encapsulated options, tooltip, minimap button and data broker display as modules
* some code cleanup
* moved check for remote hits from comm module to main addon
* moved some generic functionality to namespace functions
* upgraded .toc to 50300
Update Version 1.2 r017:
* added Nalak
* added proper instance lookup function and instance iterator
* added instance check for remotely requested instances
Update Version 1.2 r016:
* really, really removed LibBabbleZone this time
* added new options to monitor say and yell chat (options section "Monitoring")
* added support to search for rated battlegrounds and challenge modes
* corrected sorting of expansions in tooltip (again)
Update Version 1.2 r015:
* added Ooondasta
* added missing Trial of the Crusader
* remvoved the Nexus
* adjusted some keywords
* removed deprecated LibBabbleZone
* implemented translations for zones, mobs and expansions
Update Version 1.2 r014:
* major code cleanup, bugfixes and performance optimizations
* restructured using modules and 'classes'
* improvements for initial partner handshake for addon communication
* added support for Sha of Anger, Galleon and Throne of Thunder
* added support for custom keywords
* adjusted several keyword lists
* encapsulated plugin interface
* adjusted some german translations
* adopted new Broker: Raid Finder plugin interface
* adjusted tooltip and label texts to be more informative
* improved initial startup check for addon channel
Broker Forwarding Tracker:
* adopted new Broker: Raid Finder plugin interface
* added timeout tracking when forwarder channel owner is probably out of town
* better plugin state classification more messages to describe state
(i.e. no sender available, tracking timeout etc.)
Update Version 1.1 r013:
* added MoP raids
* in options using 'header' to separate expansions for raids
Update Version 1.1 r012:
* renamed event PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED to GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE
* fixed raid unit name mapping due to new GetNumGroupMembers
Update Version 1.1 r011:
* fixed bug in text colorization function
* fixed taint issue caused by using global _ variable
Update Version 1.1 r010:
* adjustments due to WoW API changes
* internal text coloring now supports nested colors
* updated libraries
* updated toc to 50001
Update Version 1.1 r009:
* fixed broken sound notification
Update Version 1.1 r008:
* fixed storage location for instance matches from 'faction' to 'factionrealm'
* some code reorganization
* fixed bug in BRF_Forwarder which was joining a fallback channel if player already is in the BRFForwarder channel (for example after /reloadui)
* reduced usage of LibWho by getting class by guid when possible
* storing class of author together with messages
* removed unnecessary registering messages of plug-ins from chat frames
* addedd plug-in support to extend addon functionality
* added plugin BRF Forwarder: Forwards LFG messages to all users of the plugin so they can track raid offers as long as one of them is in a major city.
* added plugin BRF Forwarding Tracker: Keeps track of messages forwarded by LFGForwarder and TradeForwarder and feeds them to the addon.
* new option 'Message Filters' - Applies chat filters such as spam filters introduced by other addons before processing messages
* new option 'Filter Matches' - Removes matches made by the addon from being shown in the chat windows.
* avoiding all UIDropDownMenu_* functions during combat to avoid tainting problems (doesn't seem to help much)
* cleanup code
* clickable tooltips to activate/deactivate monitoring
* adjusted tooltip colors (gray - not tracked; blue - tracked, but no matches; green - tracked and matches; red - instance saved)
* adjusted handling of chat and debug output
* fixed version printout
* updated keywords for EoE
* fixed an occasional problem with timestamps in log window
* updated some keywords for english localization
* fixed error when (de-)activating "Exclude Saved Raids" option
* updating broker label on server connect/disconnect
* minor fixes
* added missing AceGUI-3.0 library
* initial commit
* includes options, local and remote monitoring