Please Note: This addon will not function without ElvUI installed. You can download it at http://www.tukui.org.
Shadow & Light is an external edit of ElvUI, meaning it isn't made by changing of ElvUI's files directly. What this means to you, is that any time ElvUI gets updated, you will not have to worry about it overwriting our edited version of ElvUI. It also means if we push an update it will not mess with any ElvUI files. This addon can not be used without ElvUI installed and enabled.
Originally this project started as two personal edits of ElvUI by Darth Predator and I. For technical support reasons and other reasons as well, we have moved to a combine effort on this external edit of the ElvUI. Shadow & Light does not disable or hinder the normal function of ElvUI but does add additional features that are not yet implemented or will not be added to ElvUI.
You'll find Shadow & Light options under it's own configuration category in ElvUI's config section by typing /ec
Github (Warning: This is our development area and is consider the latest Alpha and may contain bugs.)
Ability to display coordinates on minimap
Ability to set text on exp/rep bar to full values.
Ability to show full values for HP/Mana on unitframes. (Tags: [health:current:sl])
Additional background panels that can be customized to your liking.
Additional datatext panels that can be moved and resized.
Additional options for DBM skins. (Not enabled atm.)
Balance Druid and Demonoligy Warlock power value text on Classbar.
Can display caster name in auras tooltip.
Chat Datatext Panels altered to fit with the additional datatext panels module of Shadow & Light.
Customizable size of chat history stored
Customize Combat Icon position on player unitframe.
Display Item Durability on Character Frame
Display Item Level on Character Frame
Equipment Manager for ability to swap equipment sets based on zone/instance/spec.
Farmer Module for easier farm management.
LFR progression in Time Datatext.
Loot Announcer module adds ability to announce loot to selected channel
Misc Custom UI Button (Quickly access ElvUI Config, ReloadUI, Toggle Move Anchors, Boss mod config/options (DBM, DXE, or Bigwigs), Addons Manager (stAddOnManager or ACP)
Modified Installation Process (Includes settings that each of the authors play with and now includes Affinitii's UI.)
Movable Pet Battle Actionbar
Movable Raid Utility menu.
PvP Auto Release
Skinned Minimap buttons
Skinned Raid Marker Bar
As of 5.2, we have included Affinitii's UI in our install process to make installing his UI a lot easier and more streamlined for people. One thing that you will need to do manually is install his weak aura profiles as we have not included that will the install as they may change a lot through out the expansion.
If you have questions on how to import these into weak auras, you may contact us through the ticket system or try asking in his stream located at his Twitch TV account. Affinitii's WeakAura Pastebin:
If you have any questions or concerns, we want to hear about it. You are welcome to post it via Github & Curse & Tukui.org (Make sure to have addon title in subject field).
Darth Predator and I will do our best to address everyone's concern, we typically need some information from you other than the problem you are having. Before posting, PLEASE, make sure you are running the latest version of Shadow & Light as well as ElvUI and that you <b>DISABLE ALL</b> addons except for those two and try to reproduce the issue. It is important that you do that so we can narrow down what is causing the problem in the first place.
Information to provide when posting:
1.) Shadow & Light Version
2.) ElvUI Version
3.) Provide lua errors
4.) Provide a screenshot if possible
5.) Detailed description of the issue on when it happens, how it happens, whatever you did to reproduce it.
6.) Just to be clear, Disable ALL Addons except for ElvUI and Shadow & Light
With that said, happy gaming and enjoy the addon!
v1.64 April 17, 2013
- Update Affinitii Filter Import (Added General Filters)
v1.63 April 10, 2013
- Removed offset option for classbar, it's no longer needed
- Added Flare Marker Bar & Keybind options for it.
v1.62 March 24, 2013
- Removed Caster Name in tooltip, was added in ElvUI
- Another attempt to fix player frame resizing if Classbar offset was enabled in S&L
v1.61 March 23, 2013
- Hide Coords During Pet Battle
- Added options to hide S&L Datatext Panels during Pet Battles
v1.60 March 22, 2013
- Fixed AceConfig Error
- Fixed LUA Error on Repooc install
v1.53 March 8, 2013
- Optimize Farm Module
- Update install to be updated with ElvUI variables
v1.52 March 6, 2013
- Fixed farm bar seed bag count not updating on use
v1.51 March 6, 2013
Fixed compatibility issue with Location Plus pligin. Hopefuly forever
v1.5 March 5, 2013
- Patch 5.2 Only
- Some typos fixed
- Datatext panels can now be transparent
- Background frames no longer have offset options, now they have own movers
- Background frames template doesn't require reload and is a profile based option
- Movers created by S&L now are grouped by own categories just like in ElvUI itself (Note: background frames' movers are available ONLY in those groups)
- Raid Marks now properly update setting on profile change
- Raid Marks module now has an option to hide backdrop for it's main panel
- Added Item Level overlay on item slots
- Added Item Durability overlay on item slots
- Added Equipment Manager per spec/zone
- Added Farm module to make farming easier.
- Added skinning of minimap buttons
- Added coordinates to the minimap
- LFR Lockout tracking in time datatext now has options to choose what daungeons you want to show there
- Top datapanel info can now be changed by user
- You will now receive chat message if someone in your group/raid has newer version of S&L
- Add Affinitii's (Blood Legion) UI Layout
- Darth's Layout Modified
- Added loot announce function
v1.42 (January 31, 2013)
- Curse being stupid and fixed changelog b/c darth dont realize there are 31 days in Jan.
v1.41 (January 31, 2013)
- Fixed version datatext error
v.1.4a (January 30, 2013)
- Fix for pet battle actionbar detached from the mover
v1.4 (January 21, 2013)
- Fix for LFR info not available on toltip for time datatext
v1.39 (January 19, 2013)
- Fixed stack overflow on pet battles
- Fixed overlooked missing english locale
v1.38 (January 18, 2013)
- Fixed to work with ElvUI 5.26
v1.37 (January 8, 2013)
- Decimals are once again shown for hp/power texts on unit frames for full values
v1.36 (January 8, 2013)
- Some tweaks to better work with ElvUI 5.20
v1.35 (December 28, 2012)
- Fixed compatibility with full Location Plus version
v1.34 (December 12, 2012)
- Fixed rune bar error when using classbar offset
v1.33 (December 2, 2012)
- Fixed errors on auras tooltips
- Fixed health bar height with classbar offset enabled
v1.32 (November 27, 2012)
- Config updated
v1.31 (November 27, 2012)
- Repooc config updated
v1.3 (November 27, 2012)
- Authors' layouts have been changed
- Mount serach was deleted, Blizzard added that themselves
- Some adjustions for pixel perfect mode to make things look good
- Caster name in auras' tooltips is now profile based option
- An option added to chosee if you want your power text to be on power bar or health bar (health by default as in normal ElvUI)
- Raid Utility options removed. Now it's fully movable with it's own mover
- Added a mover for world/BG pvp score - Hellfire towers, AV reinforcements, AB resources, etc. (Darth grow tired of using MoveAnything)
- Capture bar is now docked to the bottom of a new mover
- Show errors in combat is now profile based option
- Added S&L version number to version datatext, login message and config
- Buttons for resetting all S&L options or just desired group's options have been added
- You can now see changelog in game
- Added alternative mene regen datatext called "MP5". It shows an "mp5" title instead of "mana regen"
v1.22 (November 8, 2012)
- Fixed our settings packs in installation
- You will be able to see your castbar and other stuff while in vehicle again (apparently it was there for ages and no one reported that o_O)
- The option to hide combat indicator was removed. You can choose to hide it in it's positioning dropdown list now.
- Fixed some issues with loading that resulted in disappearing of S&L mover group in config mode.
v1.21 (November 1, 2012)
- Fixed small error
v1.20 (November 1, 2012)
- Code catch up with ElvUI
- Some code restructure to reduce memory
- Small fixes/tweaks
v1.19 (October 24, 2012)
- Code catch up with ElvUI
- Added show/hide option for errors in combat (out of LoS, on cooldown, etc)
- Changed the way reputation is shown on bar
- Added Ampere Addon Control Panel to UI Buttons
- Fixed wrong rested percent with cur-percent mode of experience bar
- Added new options for loot history frame
- Add ability to show Raid Markers only in the instance.
v1.18 (October 9, 2012)
- Fixed red flying could not showing in the mount list
v1.17 (September 30, 2012)
- Fixed Mount Search bug when skinning was disabled.
- Fixed Background Panels & Pet Battle Bar having frame level issues.
- Fixed left chat being to close to the edge of the frame.
- Added ability to show/hide background panels during pet battles
v1.16 (September 24, 2012)
- Added Search Feature for Mount Window by p3lim
- Fixed lua error about missing locale for ElvUI Hud during install process(It was mistyped)
- Fixed Raid Marker not toggling off
v1.15 (September 7, 2012)
- Fix Curse Ticket #3
v1.14 (September 5, 2012)
- Updated Install to catch up with ElvUI
- Updated Repooc Settings to more current setup
v1.13 (September 1, 2012)
- Fixed Combat Icon Error when ElvUI Unitframes were disabled.
- Updated Install file to ElvUI additions
v1.12 (August 31, 2012)
- Fixed Time Datatext error
v1.11 (August 30, 2012)
- Fixrd editbox positioning when ElvUI chat is disabled
v1.1 (August 28, 2012)
- (Backend) Optimize Druid Resource
- (Backend) Private options now use Elv's popus
- Added Demonic Fury number on warlock classbar
- Added debuff resizing
- Added hiding for combat ico
- Readded castername in buff/debuff icon due to darth rewriting auras.lua and not doing his job
- Moved options for auras to its own category
- Removed some skinning of addons as we are now working with Azilroka on the skinning package.
- Removed embed right fix due it being removed from ElvUI
- Fixed the chat text going over the panel's border
- Options for full values on hp/power text changed due to ElvUI's changes in text formatting. Now you can use tags. Just add a ":sl" at the end of the health or power tag to get full value. Doesn't work with percent.
- Background frames now have an option for transparancy
- Exp/Rep bar text options were changed to show full or short values
- Added an option to move editbox for chat pannels
- PvP text options were removed, ElvUI now has it's own
- Removed Skada and DBM skins
- Removed Pet Autocast option
- Changed positions of some options
v1.03 (July 25, 2012)
- Fixed Combatlog not anchoring correctly in right panel as the only chat window
- Fixed Microbar Bug (Leave combat issue)
- Added the vengeance bar for tanks (without options atm)
- Deleted keywords sounds (Elv has his own)
- Increased the recommended version number
v1.02 (July 15, 2012)
- Updated Repooc install
- Added Poisner Skin
- Added Outfitter skin
- Fixed Microbar Bug
- Fixed RaidUtility button not changing position on profile change
v1.01 (July 11, 2012)
- Skada/Recount embedright tweaked
- Minor install tweaks
- Added Alphabet layout to Microbar
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com