Please Note: This addon will not function without ElvUI installed. You can download it at http://www.tukui.org.
Please Note 2: When updating from version for patch 5.4.8 it will be a good idea to delete S&L from your addon folder first and then install version 2.0
Shadow & Light is an external edit of ElvUI, which means it doesn't change ElvUI's files directly.
What does this mean to you?
It means that any time ElvUI gets updated, you will not have to worry about it overwriting our edited version of ElvUI. It also means if we push an update it will not mess with any ElvUI files. This addon can not be used without ElvUI installed and enabled.
Originally this project started as two personal edits of ElvUI by Darth Predator and I (Repooc). For technical support reasons and other reasons as well, we have moved to a combined effort on this external edit of the ElvUI. Shadow & Light does not disable or hinder the normal function of ElvUI but does add additional features that are not yet implemented or will not be added to ElvUI.
You'll find Shadow & Light options under it's own configuration category in ElvUI's config section by typing /ec
Ability to set text on exp/rep bar to full values.
Ability to show full values for HP/Mana on unitframes. (Tags: [health:current:sl])
Additional background panels that can be customized to your liking.
Additional datatext panels that can be moved and resized.
Additional options for DBM skins. (Not enabled atm.)
Balance Druid and Demonology Warlock power value text on Classbar.
Option to have S&L Handle Chat Datatext Panels to be docked below the chat windows
Customizable size of chat history stored
Customize Combat Icon position on player unitframe.
Armory Mode styled Character & Inspect frames
Equipment Manager for ability to swap equipment sets based on zone/instance/spec.
Farmer Module for easier farm management.
LFR progression in Time Datatext.
Loot Announcer module adds ability to announce loot to selected channel
Misc Custom UI Button (Quickly access ElvUI Config, ReloadUI, Toggle Move Anchors, Boss mod config/options (DBM, DXE, or Bigwigs), Addons Manager (stAddOnManager or ACP)
Modified Installation Process (Includes settings that each of the authors play with and now includes Affinitii's UI.)
Movable Pet Battle Actionbar
Movable Raid Utility menu.
PvP Auto Release
Skinned Minimap buttons
Skinned Raid Marker Bar
As of 5.2, we have included Affinitii's UI in our install process to make installing his UI a lot easier and more streamlined for people. One thing that you will need to do manually is install his weak aura profiles as we have not included that will the install as they may change a lot through out the expansion.
If you have questions on how to import these into weak auras, you may contact us through the ticket system or try asking in his stream located at his Twitch TV account. Affinitii's WeakAura Pastebin:
If you have any questions or concerns, we want to hear about it. You are welcome to post it via the Ticket System.
Darth Predator and I will do our best to address everyone's concern. We typically need some information from you other than the problem you are having. Before posting, PLEASE, make sure you are running the latest version of Shadow & Light as well as ElvUI and that you <b>DISABLE ALL</b> addons except for those two and try to reproduce the issue. It is important that you do that so we can narrow down what is causing the problem in the first place.
Information to provide when posting:
1.) Shadow & Light Version
2.) ElvUI Version
3.) Provide lua errors
4.) Provide a screenshot if possible
5.) Detailed description of the issue on when it happens, how it happens, whatever you did to reproduce it.
6.) Just to be clear, Disable ALL Addons except for ElvUI and Shadow & Light
With that said, happy gaming and enjoy the addon!
- Added AddonSkins Embed system (Backend stuff, users don't need to adjust anything if using AddonSkins embed system)
- Fixed Ace Error if viewing S&L Screensaver's Graphics Section
- Fixed install error due to update all hooked to function i deleted for uibutton fix
- Fixed UIButtons lua error for mouse over + combat
- Fixed LFG Icon in minimap location if you resize the minimap
- Update Ace Libs
- Remove RealmInfo Libs
- Updates to S&L Screensaver (Tweaks & Auto Cancel AFK on Queues)
- Patch Right Chat fix for new ElvUI feature
v2.04 & v2.05 10/22/2014
- Fixed chat item tooltip flickering
- Updated filters from Affiniti in import section
- Using our layouts should no longer cause AddonSkins to throw errros around
- Screensaver model can now be placed in center of the screen
- Added a button to screensaver that allows to remove afk flag (hiding screensaver as well). Or you can exit AFK by hitting Escape button. Usefull for those who doesn't have auto clear afk enabled.
- Added more flares to the raid flares bar
- Fixed Armory mode breaking pet stats window
- ElvUI has own screensaver now. Enabling the one from S&L will now disable Elv's. Also the option in /ec - general will no longer be available for activation until our screensaver is turned off.
- Fixed Range Datatext
- Fixed Chat bug with icons
- Fixed Rep/Currency Tab width when Armory Mode Enabled
In general added a lot of new stuff and improved the way everything works.
New configuration layout has been implemented in preparation to WoD. Now the options are grouped up differently. Take some time to get used to them though.
- Most of the options are now concentrated in Settings group with tabbed groups in that section.
- Media group contains options for Zone and Subzone titles, Mail and Chat Editbox fonts, as well as a neat screen saver option for when you go afk
- Character window options have been moved to the new "Armory" group. The Armory module handles not only the character window but the inspect window as well. If enabled inspect option in the right-click menu will became blue and you will be able to inspect other S&L users. Please note this is very beta and stuff may be broken at time of 6.0.2 release.
- Panels and Dashboard now houses not only datatext options but background frames as well
- New About/Help group contains various links to the download/bug report locations
- S&L Install isn't included in ElvUI's installation process like before. It now launches after completing ElvUI's install which reloads the UI.
- Added nameplate options. You are now able to see your threat and a number of people in your group targeting each unit
- Option to remove the time remaining for buffs/debuffs for a more minimal look (Your welcome Rehok via twitch)
- Added alpha option to background panels
Character Frame (Armory Mode):
- Fixed taint that was in live version and 6.0
- Added an option to show an icon near Guild Master's messages in guild chat. Reminds people of who is the boss around here.
- No longer forcing chat data panels repositioning on users.
- Added two buttons to reset chat history and editbox history.
- Added a number of datatexts
-- Range Datatext
-- iLvl Datatext
-- Agility Datatext
-- Intellect Datatext
-- Stamina Datatext
-- Strength Datatext
-- Energy Regen Datatext
- S&L Friends Datatext now filters double instances of B-Net friends
- Version Datatext now shows full ElvUI version instead of only 2 digits of minor version number
- Added alpha option to datatext panels
- Updated the Enhanced Incompatible Message so it can be ignored/Disable Enhanced Addon before reporting issues (Do not report conflicts with ElvUI Enhanced Addon, we do not support it as it is out of date)
- No more identical module names with other ElvUI plugins = no more unexpected incompatibilities!
- The following addons are incompatible with Shadow & Light as they provide the same options:
-- Loot Confirm
- Loot announcer now shows item's ilvl allowing you to tell apart warforged and regular gear apart
- Added override option to announce loot with out needing a modifier or by selecting a modifier (Doesn't require you to be RL/Assist/ML anymore)
- Added options to automatically confirm loot collecting for BoP and disenchanting
- Added options to automatically roll greed and/or disenchant for selected quality of items on max level or after the selected level of your choice. With ElvUI's option, you can only greed green quality items if no enchanter is in the group.
- Disabled ElvUI's Auto Greed/DE option when our auto loot module is enabled
- Changed Minimap Icons to enable/disable skinning of the icons, and enable/disable the bar if skinning is enabled.
- Added an option to show instance mode with text instead of texture on minimap.
- Added the ability to move pets' health, buffs and all that stuff around
- Added mouseover option for both Raid Marks and Flare bars
- Added an option for Raid Marks to appear only if target is selected
- Added new tag [range:sl] to show range on frames like target, focus and such
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com