An extremely light-weight data broker addons that monitors and displays time/date related information
Why use this addon instead of some of the other famous system monitors? Simple: elegance, ease of use, and efficiency. Other addons similar to shClock are extremely "busy" and highly inefficient when it comes to coding.
IMPORTANT: You must have a data broker display addon in order to enable this addon. I recommend Docking Station or you can find a list of other LDB display addons here. Changing the fonts of the tooltips is handled via a tooltip addon. I highly recommend using TipTac.
This addon displays and has the following options:
Shows pending calendar invites in tooltip and broker (updated in real time)
Option: for showing 24-hour or 12-hour formatted time
I was completely baffled when I saw some coding of other author's data broker addons that displayed this information. My goals in creating this addon are:
Make the code as efficient as possible and to maintain < 10kb of memory usage AND < 0.7 cpu_cycles/second w/o loss in funtionality.
Compared to other LDB clock addons, MUCH more efficient (memory and cpu) with same basic functionalities
Be visually appealing and easy to read
Be updated in real time via the tooltip AND data broker text
Display relevant data that is important (NO FLUFF or Techno Babble)
Bug Reports and/or Requests:
All bug reports, requests (with this addon or another), errors, suggestions, and problems will be handled via the forum-comments page.
If you liked this mod, please check out my other addons: shPerformance: Data Broker memory/latency/fps usage display utility shNameplates: Lightweight, simple, and sexy nameplates
- TOC bump
- Fixed another stupid logic mistake: find("0",s) to tonumber(s) < 10
- Fixed and optimized logic mistake I made when converting to standard time from military
- Complete overhaul of code and made it much more efficient using LUA based functions
- Optimized CPU usage to be between 0.36 and 0.69 cpu_cycles/second
- Optimized MEM usage to be less than 10kb
- TOC bump to MoP
- NO loss in functionality :)
- rewrote lots of code for formatting the time
- REMOVED option to display seconds (causing a memory leak and I can't figure out why)
- ADDED option to display pending calendar invites in broker display and tooltip
- optimized all code
- optimized onupdate handler
- added option to show seconds or not show seconds in data broker
- added option for left clicking (time manager) and right clicking (calendar)
- fixed the issue with not formatting the time correctly
- added 24 hour support (check lua file to turn it on and off)
- optimized some code