|Go to Page...|
Trade Secretary: Who Crafts
Tracks who can craft what; tell your friends to whisper you '!wc' to view your directory. Use /wcc to update it.
I'll say it right now, I (Code Hunter) AM NOT taking any credit for this addon, I only fixed it.
Recent Changes and Important Information:
Note: It is not recommended to run both CraftyGnome and this addon together; this addon is meant as a replacement for CG.
Last update: 05-20-09
This mod is only recently developed. The code is the author's main focus and development; the documentation might be slightly incorrect or misleading from this version; the first version.
Also, the original author of Who Crafts, Mike-N-Go has stopped playing World of Warcraft. I have pick this addon up so It won't die. Most info is a cut and paste from the addon page, with changes to work better for me.
Requesting user feedback, and suggestions; do check if your suggestion is under "Future expansion, additions, planed features, etc " before you type it out, because it might already be in the works, unless you wish to expand on something listed there.
If you find a bug, please make sure it is not listed under "Caveats, Known Bugs, etc." before submitting a report
Additional and more extensive instructions are provided in the documentation or the included ReadMe.
• Fixed the change with filterFunc() for patch 3.1.X in 30100-0.1.08
• Added error message to an otherwise silent failure of /wcc in pre-30400-0.1.07 reversions (format: '/wcc <crafter name> <link of profession>')
Often, you might ask yourself or your friends, "Who crafts item x...?" Solution is upon you! With Who Crafts, it is easier then every to check who can craft an item. Not only for your eyes, but for others' as well; people only have to whisper you the trigger! This addon was built off of Crafty Gnome, by Rabbit, and has had many features improved. As it works off of whispers, only one person who is online per friends group needs to have it; making it very useful to those not wanting to install the mod. Note that this mod only helps you keep track of who can craft what, there is still some legwork involved by acquiring the links.
About the Name:
Why is this called "Trade Secretary: Who Crafts" you ask? Well, this version of "Trade Secretary" is to make it easier to keep track of who can craft what, and would be the first installment of a future suite that gives one a secretary for their trading, and other secretary-like activities whenever I (Mike-N-Go) happen to make them.
To populate or update the database:
1) Open your craft window or one from a hyperlink.
2) Key '/wcc <crafter name> <link of profession>' to populate the database
Remember to update from time-to-time, as new craftables are not added automatically.
To search the database:
1) Whisper to yourself (or tell others to whisper to you) "!wc"
2) In guild/raid/party, prompt with "!wc"
To send a query:
1) Key /wcs TARGET !COMMAND SEARCH
To purge the database:
1) Key /run WhoCraftsDB = nil
2) Key /run ReloadUI() or logout
1) Trim the SV file at .../World\ of\ Warcraft/WTF/Account/<ACCOUNTNAME>/SavedVariables/WhoCrafts.lua
To tell others how to use the mod with the built-in message:
1) Key '/wci <player name>' and an instruction will be whispered to that player with "Please whisper me '!craft <item name>' to try my AddOn, Trade Secretary: Who Crafts. It can help you find who can craft an item you want made. Also, you can message me through guild or party chat. Whisper me your profession links to add them."
To send a search to the clipboard:
• Key /wcp. Format: /wcp !COMMAND SEARCH
• /wcp returns an edit box that you can cut and paste the item name, wowhead link, and who can craft the item. This can then be copied, via your clip board, to a text editor or a forum. Make sure to the site follows the instructions on http://www.wowhead.com/?powered to get the mouse-over links to show. !COMMAND SEARCH would return the same thing as if you did a normal search, yet /wcp is disabled for !trade.
Feedback requested, but not limited to:
Any errors in the mod
Ease of use
After you decompress the file, copy the Trade Secretary Who Crafts folder into your Interface/AddOns folder under your World of Warcraft Installation Directory.
When updating Trade Secretary Who Crafts, please make sure to have a copy of WhoCrafts.lua SV backed up! Make sure to read the updated version for any other upgrade problems.
A note to my fellow authors:
If anyone wishes to use more then a few lines of my code, I request you credit me by saying, "This product includes software developed by MikeNGo and Rabbit" somewhere as a comment, or in your documentation. I also hope that anyone who would take the time to read my code, would take the time to send me an e-mail of what you think, or what can otherwise be improved.
Caveats, Known Bugs, etc.:
• The data structure is not finalized, and is subject to revamping
• There might be some display issues with whispers hiding/showing esp. with whisper manager addons like WIM.
• Some crafters might be added to the list twice with /wcc
• The "NAME searched Who Crafts with: !COMMAND SEARCH. NUMBER results returned." returns a few less results less then there actually are. This will be fixed in reversion 30400-0.1.06
• If you use a mod that uses '!' as a whisper trigger, let me know so I can set Who Crafts to ignore the input of that trigger
About the Version Numbers:
Version: xxxxx-x.x.xx ([interface number]-[major version].[sub version].[current release])
Interface number: Version of the interface the addon was most recently updated for, this number and the version number have no linear relationship with the latter clauses.
Major version: When the mod evolves to a state that is vastly different from the first distribution of the prior major version, this will be updated.
Sub version: Whenever the mod has new features added, or many minor tweaks, this number might advance.
Current release: The current reversion of the sub version, changed every time a new version of the mod is submitted to WoWInterface.com
About the Author (The one that quit):
If you would like to talk to me, I hang out at irc.freenode.net. In #norganna and #wowi-lounge, User Mike-N-Go.
The patch Author:
PM me on the fourms.
Keywords: WhoCrafts, Trade Skill, Chat, MikeNGo, Mike-N-Go, Profession, Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Cooking, Enchanting, Engineering, First Aid, Fishing, Herbalism, Leatherworking, Mining, Skinning, Tailoring, Jewelcrafting, Inscription, Lock, Lockbox, Lockpicking, Whisper, CraftyGnome, Craft