I have recently uploaded the initial release for the successor (replacement) to Extra Bars called Button Forge.
Button forge addresses several of the problems present in Extra Bars (such as Companions sometimes causing an error at first login, poor performance in certain scenerios etc), perhaps the biggest change is the ability to create as many or few bars and buttons as you choose.
I encourage you to take a look:
Note: I have uploaded a v4.0.1 compatible version of Extra Bars now! (I only plan to provide basic support for this addon, but I will try to keep it operational for the time being... I may have a longer term plan if I find the time at a later date i.e. Extra Bars using the Button Forge engine which is a better engine)
(Both addons can operate side by side if you want to give it a try first)
Adds 4 extra action bar you can drag abilities, items, macros, mounts and critters to.
This bar will not alter your existing actionbars or other user interface elements in anyway.
To provide additional action bars to the user interface with as little learning curve or time spent configuring as possible.
This bar is modelled very closely around how the standard action bars work. This includes features such as:
Dragging of macros, items, abilities, mounts and critters to the bar
range, cooldown, hotkey, etc... indicators
A different set of actions for each talent spec
Automatically update abilities to the highest rank when new abilities are learnt
Additional features include:
The ability to drag the bar to the desired location on screen (this can be locked in the settings screen)
Abilities that are unlearnt will remain in bar as a faded '?' and will become usable again once the ability is relearnt (for respeccing)
The ability to drag any item to the bar even if it doesn't have a use (this can help to keep track of counts of an item)
Dynamically set the number of buttons per bar (1 - 12)
position the bar horizontally or vertically
To add buttons drag them from your inventory, spell book, macro's tab, or from other buttons into the button you want them in.
To change settings go to the Interface->Addons->Extra Bar menu option
A faint icon can be found at the top right corner of each bar, clicking this will provide some quick graphical options to configure the bar including a shortcut button to the bars configuration page
To bind keys to the buttons go to the 'Extra Bar' section of 'Key Bindings'
Most settings cannot be changed while in combat
Actions cannot be dragged to or from the bar while in combat
Macros with identical names may be switched around on the bar
Items with a cooldown do not display the time remaining in the tooltip
Critters and Mounts do not darken if they cannot be used
the visual state of a macro that casts a mount or critter may not be displayed up to date
Notice: This mod is in beta, I will try to deal with any issues that arise as I have time but please feel free to list issues if they occur.
Planned for next version:
Add option to allow graphical configuration options to be fully hidden
Add slash commands for config options
Investigate Button Facade and rActionButtonStyler support
Planned to be implemented by version 1.0:
Provide localization support
Provide full reset ability
Custom interface for key bindings (to allow the next feature to be viable)
Dynamic creation of extra buttons and bars (as many or few as you desire)
Conditional bar display (based on macro conditionals)
Possible future features:
Provide extra display info on the buttons such as cooldown times
Buttonfacade or other skinning addon support ?!?
- Supports WoW v5.3
- Extra Bars will now always hide when entering a pet battle
- Supports WoW v5.2
- Supports WoW v5.1
- Added support for Battlepets
- Provided the hide on vehicle option is set for the bar, the bar will now also hide when the override bar is active (e.g. when doing the darkmoon dailies)
- Updated to be WoW v5.0.4 compatible
- Updated to be compatible with v4.3 of WoW
- Added delay when logging in before missing macros are removed from Extra Bars
24-Feb-2011 v0.7.8 - Companions (mounts/critters) should now be less prone to errors (the icon may temporarily be incorrect for a few moments when first logging in, if the companion is not in cache)
- Fixed problem that was causing some spells to be removed from the bar when switching specs
- Button Facade support has been added
20-Oct-2010 v0.7.7 - Removed a debug statement that had accidentally been left in the previous release
19-Oct-2010 v0.7.6 - Updated to v4.0.1 compatibility
- Resolved issue some people experienced when first starting up regarding macros not being available (thanks to Another for pointing this out)
- Disabled auto updating of Rank for spells (this was mostly redundant and could cause a problem for the mage polymorph spell)
- Added possible performance improvement (thanks to Another for pointing this out)
21-Dec-2009 v0.7.5 - Resolved positioning problem introduced in previous release that affected the bar in some cases
19-Dec-2009 v0.7.4 - Fixed issue preventing a few certain mounts and pets not activating when clicked (most notably the Bronze Protodrake).
- Positioning of the Extra Bars is now stored as part of the saved variables
- Made minor alteration to prevent accidentally dragging a button out of its position
- Updated toc to reflect WoW v3.3 compatibility
10-Aug-2009 v0.7.3 - Fixed issue preventing items not in the player inventory not having an icon on the bar
- Lowered Bar strata to reduce the chance other UI elements appear underneath it
09-Aug-2009 v0.7.2 - Changed how items were tracked to work better with enchants (etc) and stacks of items
- Added some additional events that trigger spell status updates
- Updated toc to reflect WoW v3.2 compatibility
07-July-2009 v0.7.1 - Fixed error with how companions were kept updated
14-Jun-2009 v0.7 - Added graphical controls to provide quicker bar configuration and adjustment
- Corrected issue with Companions on the bar when a new companion is learnt
- Added a scale option to resize the bars
10-May-2009 v0.61 - Corrected tooltip for the new Number of Buttons config option
09-May-2009 v0.6 - Introduced 3 additional bars
- Ability to set number of buttons
- Vertical layout option
- Disable tooltips option
- Ability to put mounts and critters on the bar
- Updated name (Now Extra Bars since there is more than one, the folder name hasn't changed however)